Measure the calibrated carrier-recombination lifetime of a silicon wafer using both the standard method and the photoluminescence method.
The WCT-120PL is an affordable, tabletop silicon lifetime and wafer metrology system.
The WCT-120PL wafer lifetime measurement tool showcases the same unique measurement and analysis techniques as the WCT-120 with the added capability of a photoluminescence (PL) detector to measure the PL lifetime and doping of the sample under test. Both the Quasi-Steady-State -Photoconductance (QSSPC) lifetime measurement method and the Transient Photo-conductance Decay (PCD) lifetime measurement method are complemented with a calibrated PL lifetime measurement. The tool can also easily be used as a standard WCT-120.
WCT-120PL System Capabilities
Step-by-step monitoring and optimization of a fabrication process using the QSSPC or Transient lifetime measurement alongside a PL measurement.
- Monitoring initial material quality
- Detecting heavy metals contamination during wafer processing
- Evaluating surface passivation and emitter dopant diffusion
- Evaluating process-induced shunting using the implied-Voc measurement
- Iteratively calculate all substrate doping from QSSPL and QSSPC data
For key features, specifications, and additional information, download the WCT-120PL product note (PDF).